Installing DIY granite worktops is an easy and effective methodology. There are several granite repair servicemen who offer you their services like repairing small damages, polishing, chipping, framing the edges and many others.
My granite worktops chipped off while renovation and I hired some of the servicemen for the repair. These workmen took my three days for the repair and charged heavily. After such large expenses I thought of learning some granite repair techniques from internet and surprisingly I found lots of tips and instructions.
I understand that granite is one of the expensive stone that cannot be easily replaceable. Even their repairs are also costly that’s why I would like to share some of the tips that can help you to repair chipped off granite worktops:
- Soft scrub
- Epoxy resin
- Granite polish
- Small brush
- I read some where that before repairing your granite thoroughly inspect your granite worktop that whether it needs repair or not. It also said that granite is a natural stone that contains some natural flaws that appears as cracks or scratches.
- Once you are sure with its repair then first of all remove all things from its surface then clean thoroughly the chip off area.
- It is advisable to take kitchen towel or soft scrub for the cleaning.
- Buy good quality epoxy resin from your nearest hardware store and make sure that resin must match with your granite’s colour otherwise repaired portion will be highlighted as “odd men out”.
- Now apply that epoxy resin to chip off area of granite stone. Then leave it for two to three hours for air dry.
- Once it became dry then applies granite polish on its surface. This will give a similar finish to all over the granite’s surface.
Know more about granite worktops
BBC - mbarchers The Bull - Are granite worktops worth the money?
Egger Launch New UK Worktop Range
Salford » Business and Economy - Dictionary.com
Fitting Kitchen Worktops | Reference.com Answers